5 of the most important reasons to neuter your cat
If you happen to have a female cat as your pet, or are considering getting one you need to keep in mind certain health decisions that you would need to take for your cat. These health decisions, will enable your cat to live a long, fulfilling and healthy life, and would also decrease the amount of tension on your plate, as well as the well-being of your beloved pet. One such important decision that you would have to take is neutering your cat. Cat neutering or spaying your cat, is an important health-related process that involves removing the ovaries of a female cat or the testicles of a male cat, and is a procedure that needs to be handled by a trained veterinary. This process involves minimal time spent behind hospitalization, while the benefits reaped from this process are life-long for your feline friend. Some of the instant benefits that you will get from male cat castration and spaying of your female cat include improvement in your cat’s behavior and their propensity of staying closer to home.
If you are looking for comprehensive veterinary treatment for your cats in regards to their neutering or spaying procedure, we at Village Vets are your best solution. Bringing high standards of veterinary procedures to Dublin and it’s surrounding areas, we help your cats attain enormous health benefits with our state-of-the-art, medically advanced techniques of neutering. If you are still not convinced about why you need to opt for neutering your cat, have a look at the following 5 reasons, which we have enumerated to give you a fair idea about the importance and benefits of this procedure.
- Spaying your female cat will help her live longer and healthier- Spaying is a highly beneficial technique that proves to be a life saver in a large majority of cats. Female cats are highly vulnerable to diseases like breast cancer and uterine infections, and these diseases often prove to be fatal to almost 90% of cats. If you opt to spay your cat before the period that signifies her very first heat, you can drastically reduce the chances of your cat from having to suffer from the aforementioned diseases and live a healthier and longer life.
- Your male cats will reap major health benefits if neutered- Cat neutering has many health benefits when it comes to the well-being of a male cat. Apart from preventing your cat from giving birth to unwanted litters, choosing to opt for getting your male cat neutered, you also save him from developing testicular cancer.
- You prevent your spayed feline from going into heat- The mating season can become very problematic, if you happen to have a female cat at your house. Although going into heat is a common behavior, you can easily avoid it by choosing to spay your female cat. An average female cat goes into heat on a frequent basis, within 4-5days during a period of every 3 weeks, when the mating season is ongoing. In order to attract a male mate and advertise her presence, yowling and urinating all over the house are common tendencies. By getting your female spayed, you prevent her from going into this cycle of heat and this behavior every month.
- The behavior of your neutered male would be far better- It is common for neutered cats to be much closer to their human owners. While on the other hand, an unneutered male cat would constantly spray urine in order to mark their territory and display hormonal aggressive behavior from time to time. All of these unwanted behavioral symptoms can be avoided by getting your male cat neutered at an early stage.
- It is highly cost effective and helps prevent cat overpopulation in the community- While the cost of neutering your cat is a once off, the cost of having and caring for a litter is a lot more expensive and ongoing. Spaying and neutering can prevent high numbers of stray cats in a community.
Find the best cat neutering services in Dublin and Meath
Finally, you must have realized how important it is to get your cat, male or female neutered or spayed in order to improve their health, behavior and life. If you happen to be in Dublin or Meath, and you are looking for a veterinary service that offers services of neutering your cat or male cat castration, don’t hesitate to contact us at Village Vets. We also offer our services in state-of-the-art clinics established in both the counties. Here at Village Vets, we give the utmost priority to our clients and their pet cats, while providing an excellent and honest service in an atmosphere which is comfortable and friendly to both the cat and the owner. Trust us to take care of your cat, as if it were our own and provide him/her with the safest and medically overlooked neutering procedure to help improve his/her life. So stop deliberating and visit us here at Village Vets, or at our cats only clinic JustCats Veterinary Clinic. You can even avail of 10% off neutering when you sign up to our Pet Health Plan. So what are you waiting for!